BLUNDSTONE CANADA’S ‘SHOW US YOUR BOOTS AT WORK CONTEST’ OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE REQUIRED. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
‘Blundstone Canada’s Show Us Your Boots At Work Photo Contest’ (the “Contest”) is sponsored by Tin Shack Ltd. (the “Sponsor”), 31 Stewart Road, Collingwood, Ontario, L9Y 4M7.
This Contest is open only to legal residents of Canada who are the legal age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry. Excluded from eligibility are employees, officers, directors, agents and representatives of the Sponsor, and their parents, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, departments or agencies, franchisees, suppliers, advertising and promotional agencies, Contest administrators, and any other parties engaged in the development, production or distribution of Contest materials and those living in the same household, none of which are eligible to enter this Contest or win a Prize.
ACCEPTANCE OF RULES:
By entering and participating in this Contest, entrants agree to all Official Contest Rules (the “Rules”), as may be amended by the Sponsor in its sole discretion from time to time. Entrants must fulfill all Contest Rules, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor, to win a prize.
Notwithstanding any other provision contained in these Rules, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, amend, cancel, suspend, reinstate, or close this Contest, at any time in whole or in part without prior notification, and for any reason whatsoever.
This Contest begins at 12:01 a.m. EST on March 23rd, 2023, and ends at 11:59 p.m. EST on April 17th, 2023 (the “Contest Period”).
PARTICIPATION AND CONTEST ENTRIES:
- To participate in this contest Entrants must submit a high-resolution photo or video of Blundstone Work and Safety boots at work to Blundstone Contests during the Contest Period.
- USE CAUTION AND COMMON SENSE WHEN PARTICIPATING IN THIS PROMOTION. Entry submissions should not contain or promote dangerous, negligent, reckless, or risky acts and/or unsafe behavior. Submissions that contain such depictions acts, or behavior will be rejected or penalized in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- Only Photo and Video Submissions published during the Contest Period may be claimed as valid Photo or Video Submissions to enter the Contest. Photo and Video submissions must be original work of the Contest entrant, and not contain any content or subject matter that would violate or infringe upon the rights of a third party (including copyrights, trademarks, or rights of privacy or publicity). Tin Shack Ltd retains the sole discretion to disqualify and remove any Photo or Video Submissions that it believes to contain obscene, insensitive, or inappropriate content, and that does not comply with these official Rules or is not consistent with the spirit of the Contest. All Photo and Video Submissions must comply with the Photo and Video Submission Rules Below.
- Incomplete entries or Photo and Video Submissions received after the expiry of the applicable Contest Period will be considered null and void and ineligible to be considered for or to win any prize in this Contest. Any entry that is illegible, incomplete, altered, or contains false information, shall be invalid.
- NO PURCHASE OPTION – No purchase is necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. You may submit a drawing of Blundstone boots in lieu of a photo, either to email@example.com or 31 Stewart Rd, Collingwood, ON. L9Y 4M7
Photo Submission Rules
All Photo and Video Submissions are subject to the following rules:
- Entrants grant the Sponsor an exclusive license to use their entries for the administration of the Contest and in any advertising, marketing, or publicity, without notice or compensation, as may be edited, modified or translated in the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
The Sponsor may determine, in its sole discretion, whether or not to accept any entry and whether it will use any entry for any purpose, including in any marketing or publicity.
- Entries cannot be any of the following, all of which shall be determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion:
- Sexually explicit or suggestive, unnecessarily violent, or derogatory or discriminatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, or cultural, or targeting an age group, profane or describe any dangerous activity.
- Promote alcohol, illegal or illicit drugs, tobacco and tobacco products, cannabis and cannabis products, firearms/weapons (or the depiction or use of any of the foregoing), any activities that are unsafe or dangerous, or that relate to any particular political agenda or message.
- Obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group.
- Defame, misrepresent, or contain disparaging remarks about the Sponsor or its partners and affiliates or their products or other people, products or companies.
- Contain trademarks, logos or intellectual property or content owned by 3rd parties or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind.
- Contain copyrighted materials owned by 3rd parties.
- Refer to the name of any person without permission from that person for you and the Sponsor to reproduce it.
- Reproduce, whether by photograph or video, or any other means, the image of any person without permission for you and the Sponsor to reproduce it.
- Communicate messages inconsistent with the purpose of this Contest.
Sponsor may require any entrant to obtain any 3rd party consent necessary for their entry, whether to satisfy intellectual property, privacy, or any other laws, before accepting an entrant’s entry into this Contest or using an entrant’s photo for marketing, the administration of this Contest or any other purpose, any such consent(s) which may be required by the Sponsor being the sole obligation and expense of the entrant.
There are four prizes available to be won consisting of:
- One (1) Photo Grand Prize consisting of $1870 and two (2) pair of Blundstone boots. (approximate APR $2370.00)
- One (1) Photo 2nd place prize of two (2) pairs of Blundstone boots. (approximate APR $500.00)
- One (1) Video Grand Prize consisting of $1870 and two (2) pair of Blundstone boots. (approximate APR $2370.00)
- One (1) Video 2nd place prize of two (2) pairs of Blundstone boots. (approximate APR $500.00)
SELECTION OF WINNERS AND JUDGING CRITERIA:
All photo Submissions submitted must be high resolution in jpeg, heic. Max photo file submission size must be under 10MB. All video submissions must be high resolution in MP4 format.
The Grand Prize winner will be selected by the Sponsor and announced on May 2nd, 2023 from the Photo Submissions and mailed-in entries, based on the following criteria: The photo or video is of high quality in resolution and creativity and demonstrates in a creative way your Blundstone Work & Safety boots ‘at work.'
NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS:
The Sponsor will attempt to notify Prize winners and the Grand Prize winners via phone and/or email. If after exercising reasonable efforts, the Sponsor cannot reach an entrant within forty-eight (48) hours from the first attempt to contact them, that entrant will forfeit their right to win any potential Prize. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the social media account submitted when the photo was claimed.
TERMS OF PRIZE ACCEPTANCE:
All Prizes must be accepted as awarded. No substitution, assignment or transfer of prizes is permitted, except: (i) as otherwise explicitly provided herein; or (ii) in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize with one (1) of comparable or greater value without liability or consent. Prizes are non-transferable and subject to availability.
ODDS OF WINNING:
The odds of winning a Prize in this Contest will depend on the number of eligible entries received before Contest closes and entrants’ skill in meeting the entry judging criteria.
PRIVACY AND PUBLICITY RIGHTS:
The Sponsor, its authorized agents and/or representatives may collect, use, and disclose the personal information provided by each entrant at the time they enter this Contest for the purposes of administering the Contest and prize fulfillment. By entering this Contest, each entrant expressly consents to the use of their personal information for such purposes.
By accepting a Prize, a winner hereby consents to the Sponsor’s use of the winner’s name, city of residence, picture or other photographic image, biographical information, statements, voice and likeness in any advertising and publicity that the Sponsor may conduct in any media or format, whether now known or hereafter developed, as may be edited, translated or modified in any way by the Sponsor in its sole discretion, including but not limited to the Internet, at any time in perpetuity, without further compensation or notice to the winner.
RIGHTS IN PHOTO AND PHOTO SUBMISSIONS:
Entrants agree that upon submitting a Photo or Video submission, the Sponsor shall have a worldwide, unlimited, irrevocable perpetual license to use, publish, distribute, publicly perform, or display, post electronically, create derivative works from, or otherwise reproduce the Photo Submission in any manner. The entrant’s Photo or Video Submission may be used in any media or format whatsoever, whether now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to, the Internet, at any time in perpetuity, without further compensation or notice to the winner and also including, without limitation, in connection with the Sponsor’s social media sites, websites, and photo streams anywhere in the world, without further payment or notice for the purposes of the Sponsor’s advertising, marketing, promotion, and/or journalistic, archival, historical, internal and external recognition activities. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, each entrant waives all moral rights in and to their Photo or Video Submissions.
The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant from this Contest if the Sponsor finds or reasonably believes such individual to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or where applicable, the Contest Page; and/or to be acting: (i) in violation of these Rules; (ii) in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner; or (iii) with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass the Sponsor, or any of their respective employees, any other Contest entrants, or any other person. Any attempt by an entrant or other individual to automate the entry process, or to otherwise undermine the legitimate administration, security or operation of the Contest is prohibited and may be a violation of applicable criminal and civil laws. The Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Entrants engaging in any of the foregoing activities may be disqualified and will forfeit any Prizes awarded to such entrant.
The decisions of the Sponsor in regard to all matters of the Contest are final and binding upon entrants. In the event of any dispute regarding the interpretation of the rules of the Contest or any decision rendered by the Sponsor, the decision or interpretation of the Sponsor shall prevail.
All entrants must comply with all applicable laws.
For Québec participants, any litigation respecting the conduct and/or organization of a publicity contest in the Province of Québec may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the “Régie”) for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
RELEASES AND LIMITATIONS:
Winners of this Contest must sign the Sponsor’s Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release form (“Winner Release”) to: (i) confirm compliance with the Contest Rules; (ii) agree to accept the Prize as awarded; (iii) release, discharge and hold harmless the Sponsor, its departments and agencies, parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, franchisees, advertising and promotional agencies, counsel, marketing partners, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, shareholders, successors, sponsors, partners, licensees, subsidiaries, agents, artists, advisors, assignees, and all others associated with the administration, development and execution of the Contest (the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all manner of action, cause of action, claim or demand, loss or injury, use or misuse of the Prize or any travel related thereto, and the use of the Entry by the Sponsor, suit, debt, covenant, contract, including legal fees and expenses, whatsoever, including but not limited to, claims based on negligence, breach of contract and fundamental breach, failure of any third party contractor or supplier used in connection with any aspect of the Contest to perform or deliver any goods or services, any act of God or any other event beyond the Released Parties’ control, any dissatisfaction of any kind by a winner with any aspect of the Contest or the Prize, liability for physical injury, death, or property damage which the entrants, guests, their heirs, successors or assigns have, might have or could have suffered, by reason of or arising out of an entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by the entrant of the Prize as awarded; and (iv) indemnify the Released Parties against any loss, damage or expense, including legal fees, that any of the Released Parties may suffer or incur in connection with any claim or demand by any third party, including any 3rd party referred to or depicted in any entry, or as a result of any non-compliance by an entrant with any of the Contest Rules or participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by an entrant of the Prize and the use of the Entry by Sponsor. Winner Release forms must be received by the Sponsor by May 4th, 2023.
Entrants acknowledge that the Released Parties have not made, nor are in any manner responsible, for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any Prize, including but not limited to, its quality, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose or the use thereof. Further, no responsibilities are accepted by any of the Released Parties for any additional expenses, omissions, delays, re-routing, or acts of any government or authority.
This Contest is void where prohibited by law and subject to all applicable Canadian federal, provincial, municipal, and local laws. This Contest shall be governed exclusively by the laws of the province of Ontario, including all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Contest Rules, rights and obligations between entrants and the Sponsor, and procedural provisions, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. Any dispute shall be adjudicated by the courts sitting in Toronto, Ontario.
All intellectual property, including but not limited to trademarks, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, images, drawings, illustrations, slogans, and representations are owned or licensed by the Sponsor. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or other intellectual property without the express written consent of the Sponsor is strictly prohibited.
© Tin Shack Ltd. All Rights Reserved.